The ultimate welded connection that will never
loosen, corrode or increase in resistance just got
CADWELD PLUS is the latest advancement in the continuing evolution of ERICO's exothermic products. Since it's development in 1938, CADWELD electrical connections have become recognised as the ultimate connection for rail, cathodic, power and grounding applications. ERICO has established itself as the worldwide connections leader. CADWELD PLUS continues this tradition of technical leadership.
The revolutionary CADWELD PLUS System is a simplified method of performing exothermically welded electrical connections. The CADWELD PLUS integrated weld metal package has streamlined the installation process by eliminating ignition materials - reducing set up time.
The tamper proof, integrated weld metal package consists of a steel cup containing CADWELD patented weld metal alloys and ignition source. This new weld metal package is designed for use in all standard CADWELD molds including CADWELD MULTI. Once placed in the CADWELD mold, the weld metal is electronically ignited using a simple battery powered control unit with six (6) foot lead.
|CADWELD PLUS Features & Benefits
- Simplifies training and set up
- Saves Labour
- Simplifies cleaning
|Colour Coded Weld Metal
- Reduces risk of misapplication
- Simple visual verification of
correct weld metal size
|Electronic Control Unit
- No starting material required
- Easy ignition
|Six Foot Control Unit Lead
- Increased flexibility in hard to
The CADWELD PLUS system:
- Consists of a tamper proof, disposable, moisture resistant weld metal cup. The weld metal, disc and ignition source are incorporated into the self-contained package
- Virtually unlimited shelf life
- Makes welds at distances of up to 6 ft/1.8 metres
- Requires minimum components - no starting material, no disks, no flint igniters, no additional tooling
- Easy to handle, store and transport - by air, land or sea in unlimited quantities
- Reduces installation time by 20%
- Has colour-coded weld metal containers - by size and alloy type - for easy identification
- Has electronic ignition with a CE/UL battery driven controller box that is designed for 600 connections with one set of 8 standard AA batteries (included) - requiring no special batteries or chargers
- Designed for use in all standard CADWELD molds including CADWELD MULTI
Installation Is Easy!
4 Simple Steps For Permanently Welded Electrical Connections
Insert CADWELD PLUS package into mold (optional: use with or without cover/baffle)
Attach control unit termination clip to ignition strip
Press and hold control unit switch and wait for the ignition
Open the mold and remove the expended steel cup - no disposal required
Proven Safety and Proven Performance with No Equal
CADWELD PLUS Control Unit initiates the reaction of the metal crucible. The unit includes a 6-foot (1.8 metre) high temperature control unit lead. The lead attaches to the ignition strip using a custom made, purpose designed termination clip.
After the termination clip is installed on the ignition strip, the installer pushes and holds the ignition button to start a charging and discharging sequence. Within a few seconds the control unit sends a predetermined voltage to the ignition strip and the reaction is initiated.
CADWELD PLUS Colour Coded Containers
CADWELD PLUS will use the following colour codes and general product nomenclature:
Gram weight PLUS weld metal type.
CADWELD PLUS Colour Codes and Nomenclature (F20)
Metal Tube Size
|use 2 × 150*
|use 2 × 200*
*NOTE: Separate baffle covers are required on molds using CADWELD PLUS 200 weld metal size or larger